Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-AC Inverter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody help me with my pasonnal project. I am trying to build a Powerful DC-AC inverter of about 2kv or more. I would appreciate any CIRCUIT diagram from you. :?
Thanks.

a personal project requiring 2kV :shock: :shock:

well best bet is to look into low voltage DC-AC first so if you are going to convert DC-AC from 12V batter look at a how to make an inverter that way then just pass teh output 10V peak sinewave through a step-up transformer.

what is your power output requirement?

What you will need is a means to generate a sinewave (you can get function gen chips for abt a £5). A H-bridge using either MOSFET's or IGBT's(need to know how much power you are gonna draw from this inverter). Also based around the power thing a switching frequency - higher is better but must watch out fror switching losses. The load for the H-bridge can be the primary of the transformer

you will need to sense the primary side voltage
using an opamp make a diff-amp and take the difference between your reference sinewave and what you actually have - This gives you your voltage error

Get a triangle wave function generator (or derive using opamps and all) - this is your switching waveform (freq = yr switching requency). Feed this triangle wave and also the voltage error waveform into a comparator to generate your PWM that is then used to drive your H-bridge. You might want to also incorporate some

wow 2kV

remember the law of conservation of energy. input energy is equal to the output energy. so if u want 500mA at 2kV is 1kW. and the source will probably be a battery. will the battery be able to supply that much power continuously?

what do u want to do with it????

samcheetah said:
167A from a 12V battery! (assuming 100% efficiency).

wow :shock:

how will someone connect such a battery to a circuit. a water pipe???? :lol:

for that after completing your project u will have to call your plumber for assistance.

lolz just joking

na 4AWG cable will do that fine. Its not that big at all/

andrew2022 said:
i kno. i have a 1.5KW inverter, altho it runs from 3 batteries in parallel to share the load

Is your inverter 12V?, obviously it would be much better to run your batteries in series and reduce the current by 1/3 - keeping currents lower and wires thinner.

This is obviously a decision that needs making at the design stage though, but most commercial inverters use higher input voltages for higher powers - multiples of 12V are common.

Can anybody help me with my pasonnal project. I am trying to build a Powerful DC-AC inverter of about 2kv or more. I would appreciate any CIRCUIT diagram from you. :?
Thanks.[/color][/size]

A powerful inverter is expensive to make. Then it will need an expensive custom-made output transformer.

What (who?) are you planning on cooking with high-power 2kV? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back