Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DB107

x19dave

Hi, can I use a DB207 instead of a DB107 do they both work the same or are there any input-output differences?

Thanks
Dave

Consider that, without some form of clue, no one here knows what you are talking about. Please attach descriptions, datasheets, web pages, etc., for the components / systems / refrigerators, whatever.

ak

Last edited:
These are bridge rectifiers, apparently bog standard and made by many companies. Links to datasheets are here.

The datasheets have two pertinent pages. Print them out and compare.

DB107S Datasheet

DB207S Datasheet

Same but 2 A is better than 1 Amp.

Consider that, without some form of clue, no one here knows what you are talking about. Please attach descriptions, datasheets, web pages, etc., for the components / systems / refrigerators, whatever.

ak
Well other people have answered and told me what I needed bit obvious I put down the ID of the parts and got the answe i needed but thanks for you reply

Well other people have answered and told me what I needed bit obvious I put down the ID of the parts and got the answe i needed but thanks for you reply

Other people did your homework for you to figure out what you could have found in a short glance at the datasheets. Those people may not be so helpful when you ask for something more difficult.

Okay
Other people did your homework for you to figure out what you could have found in a short glance at the datasheets. Those people may not be so helpful when you ask for something more difficult.
Okay fair call but you did not ask the correct questions I know jack s*** about electronics I am an electrical tech trying to repair something and no one near me does electronic repairs any more so just trying to find out what is best for my problem and I thought giving the part IDs would be enough info looked at the data sheets also mean jack to me

Sorry If I have pi**** people off no here was not my idea
Dave

Top of the datasheets. It's not that difficult and you might learn something along the way.

SmartSelect_20231209_114138_Dropbox.jpg

SmartSelect_20231209_114046_Dropbox.jpg

In this case voltage is a range (50 to 1000 volts) and current is maximum. So you can use either if below 1A.

In a lot of cases (transistors etc.) both tend to be maximum. You can use a 50V 1A transistor at 12V 200mA.

With power supplies voltage is fixed (say 12V) and current is a maximum. So if you've got something that needs 12V @ 100mA (0.1A) then any supply that's 12V and at least 100mA (even 10A) will do.

Batteries are a different animal all together, voltage fixed (until flat) current anything until voltage drops off. Capacity in Amp Hours (AH) or Milliamp Hours (1000 times bigger), how long until flat.

You'll find better explanations elsewhere. Hope that helps.

Mike.

Yes many thanks indeed it is what I was looking for have a DB107 fitted I think it has failed as the board has stopped working was hoping to upgrade to a DB207 but it only has a 12v AC supply so did not know if the DB207 would work but from what Mike says it should do so will be fitting a DB207
Thanks to you all
Dave

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back