Dayton motor 5K455C 1/2 hp wiring diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

munyanb

I am wanting to hook up a 1/2 hp motor but when i opened it up nothing is labeled that i can see, the sticker on the motor is torn up, unreadable, and i cant tell how it is currently wired, all i can really see is a board with blade connectors on it. I can wire it 230 or 115 in the location im in, i am an electrician so i know my wiring generally, am i missing something? Would you happen to be able to show a diagram, or just be familiar with this motor? It is mounted on a pita pocket press/slicer so it was a commercial kitchen unit, but will be used as a clay press. There is a handy box mounted on the frame for a switch i assume, but i never got to see this thing when it was wired and running and now its empty, btw i like this site, i plan on visiting often to try to figure out some off grid power solutions.

I get out an Ohmmeter and see which terminal goes to which winding. Likely multiple windings that are connected series for high voltage, and parallel for low...

That's something I haven't done yet, I'm used to A,B,C, 4-7 , 5-8 , 6-9 or even some other ramps from VFD, the leads are always there and labeled though, transformers pre tapped etc, lol. So what would I expect to get for values and are you saying that the windings should all be in series for the 230 Volt? that's what I want to draw about half the amperage, and the windings would be parallel for the 115 volt hook up? So explain how the path goes in a 480 circuit, I thought I figured it out but it seems like what I was thinking would make a parallel circle, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…