Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

David Blaine's Tesla coil thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't he going to have a third degree sunburn after 72 hours of arc exposure?

Link?

The UV isn't all that powerful from Tesla Coil arcs. I don't think it would cause much of a "sunburn". However, he might have slight hearing loss after the stunt if he doesn't wear proper hearing protection :p

Here you go:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, okay. Yeah, I wouldn't expect much of a problem from the UV. The noise would be the main issue, and since it's a SSTC, even that will be reduced. This is a cheap trick if you ask me. It gives the audience a false sense of danger. Other than not being able to eat, sleep, go to the bathroom, etc for three days, there is nothing dangerous about this stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back