Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Datasheet Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

muashr

Hi,
  1. I have been looking for the datasheet of CD4053M instead what I found is a datasheet of CD4053BC (click here to view). I want to know whether or not CD4053M and CD4053BC are the same.
  2. If they are the same, then what differences the pins (ax, ay, bx, by, cx & cy) have with pins (a, b & c).
  3. What is the function of INH pin?
  4. On page 4 (Logic Diagram), ax, ay, bx, by, cx & cy are simultaneously used on the input and output side? What's that mean? Where are the pins a, b & c?

The 4053 is basically a set of analogue switches.. Regardless of the letters around the cmos number, they will operate the same way. the 4053 is a triple channel dual input switch

you should have X,Y and Z outputs and two inputs per output... X0 and X1, Y0 and Y1.. etc..

ABC control the switch and INH is the inhibit input..

A controls X
B controls Y
C controls Z

Its quite simple

When I started using these type of parts CD4053 and MC14053 they were did not have the "B" but almost immediately they switched to the "B" version. I don't think you can get the "unbuffered" old versions. The function is the same.

Ax is A Many different companies make this thing and some use different symbols.

The INH is inhibit. All switches are open.

4053. Pins 12,13,14, can be input or output. This is a switch(s). Pin 11 controls if pin 14 is connected to 12 or if 14 is connected to 13. INH opens all switches to 14 is not connected at all. (single pole double terminal switch)

I found some old datasheets that have "M" for the military version with a very wide allowed temperature range.
The "C" is the commercial version for the narrow allowed temperature range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back