Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Datasheet archives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
Hi all,

I'm looking into setting up a proper datasheet archive. I see that there are some sites that have millions of them and I'm wondering how they got hold of so many. They have 100 of thousands, millions even. I think it would be a great resource for the member here so if anyone knows how to get hold of a large collection like that I would be very interested in hearing how..

Regards,
EM

Every time this comes up...I just think to myself...is there really a need? I just go straight to the manufacturer webpage to get the datasheet. Datasheets do get outdated and updated every so often.

Last edited:
There are several web sites I regularly use. So far if one doesnt have the specs sheet another one does!
I dont know if a reference library would actually be a great benefit here or not. most of the low end posters that need specs sheets are to lazy to Google them but instead they come here and still need one of us to read it for them.

I wouldn't mind another reference source myself. Especially if it was loaded with specs sheets and related info regarding obsolete components and what not.
Many obsolete pre 1990 electronics components specs sheets are some times tough to come by and it can make finding a modern equivalent hard at times.

Just a thought.

Yeah, an obsolete datasheet reference might be more useful. Of course, it has it's own caveats. What are the chances that the datasheet you need is actually in the library? No one is exactly going to fan out looking for datasheets on obsolete parts.

Last edited:
I suppose if you are going to consider something like this you would also perhaps look to provide a library for components used in PCB modelling software (eagle et al.).

Do you really want to go down that road (you could always make it available to "supporting" members) ?

I suppose if you are going to consider something like this you would also perhaps look to provide a library for components used in PCB modelling software (eagle et al.).?

That is an interesting idea! I've actually been also toying with the idea of a flash based schematics designer that would need a component library as well.. Lots to think about!

Rather than have an all singing all dancing archive, why not just have a quick reference section with datasheets for the more common components such as:

TL071/072
78xx
79xx
LM317
etc

especially those used by newbies and school children.

What do you think?

JimB

I signed up for datasheet service and newsletters via email at the most common chip manufacturers.

Especially NXP publishes revised datasheets that way.

Concerning Eagle packages I'll be happy to post them here for everybody's use and convenience.

Having designed more than 1,000 new packages for Eagle usage I've developed own efficient techniques to make a package accurate to 1/1,000mm. (Won't work with Eagle versions later than 3.55!)

Chip manufacturers come up with different designs of packages increasingly, e.g. for the already known SOP package they are now using SSOP packages (Super-SOP, completely different in body size, pin spacing and length)

Boncuk

Attachments

• SSOP16.gif
    SSOP16.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 209
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back