Data Logger With DOT MATRIX printer output

Status
Not open for further replies.

simple-simon

At the moment this is a kind of place holder for a long term project which I shall briefly describe.
I have use of a green house to grow plants and veg, to this I have a 12V slar charged battery 12V. At the moment it simply powers a small light and water pump.
I would like to have a pic micro data logger connect to a LCD and a old dot matrix printer, no reason for the printer except its just me putting a spin on a done to death protect and it seems like fun.

Dont expect fast progress I have much to learn first! While I wait for my dev board I can start with reading up about the Amiga 500 printers and ports, I will give my reasons for choosing this later, but for now this is the book I am reading. It would seem a fairly simple project with a few parts.

Another good printer manual and its still a easy to get printer and ribbns! Plus it can use serial RS232

Edit
The printer needs a serial card for RS232, but even if I get one without it then it still looks pretty straight forward, as for memory etc I guess there is always FRAM. and shift registers to bit bang the bus

Attachments

• pdf_amiga-printers-inside-and-out-1990-ockenfelds.pdf
    16.8 MB · Views: 204
  • kxp2123.pdf
    6.5 MB · Views: 192
  • Capture.PNG
    186.9 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
So after much I found many Got Matrix printers used mainly something called ESC/P, this turns out to be Epsom Standard Code for Printers. With dome google magic I got this
Its the complete ESC/P Reference manual

Attachments

• epson18162eu.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 206
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…