Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dark Pumpkin project for Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

I found this little Pumpkin for Halloween here in the U.S. big thing around where I live. However, in the parts list the photo transistor is not available to me Under NTE from the local distributor.

Any suggestions on a comparable in NTE ?

Here's the list :

A phototransistor (we use type LTR-3208E)
2N3904 (or similar) transistor, QTY 2.
5k ohm resistor
Yellow or red LEDs, QTY 2. (We used 10 mm diffused yellow LEDs)
50 ohm resistors (one for each LED)
Battery holder with 2 AA-size alkaline batteries

This is the site : https://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/darkpumpkin

And schematic.

I know I should have chosen another place to post it. However, maybe there might be someone else interested who might miss it.

I think it's a cool little Pumpkin.

kv

Attachments

• darkpumpkin.jpg
    darkpumpkin.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 430
I decided that I was going to do a cheap fix for my pumpkin. I had to buy a motion sensor light for the outside so with an extention cord light. I'm just going to have it sense and turn on a light inside the pumpkin.

Last edited:
My pumpkin

I couldn't get the phototransistor soon enough so I just went ahead with the motion sensor Idea it worked out OK !

He was looking down off the roof as they came up the walk. About 10 feet or maybe 4 meters the sensor would light the pumpkin.

kv

Attachments

• IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    389.1 KB · Views: 336
5k and 50R are not standard resistor values, I would recommend using 5k1 and 51R or even 4k7 and 47R which are much more common.

5k1 is a bit high anyway, to make sure the transistor saturates properly, I'd go for 510R maximum.

5k and 50R are not standard resistor values, I would recommend using 5k1 and 51R or even 4k7 and 47R which are much more common.

5k1 is a bit high anyway, to make sure the transistor saturates properly, I'd go for 510R maximum.

Thanks.

I want to add a motor circuit with a cam to operate a jaw chattering effect with a cackling laugh from an Mp3 or something.

In addition to that I want to carve a small pumpkin which will rest in a raised arm and hand out of small steel rods which I can cover in clippings from my grape vines.

The small pumpkin will appear to be on flames. If you don't carve it all the way through it will leave a good impression of flames.

I just hope I get a little more time by summer. My winter is going to be a bear.

I really don't care that much about the holiday but it gave me a good reason to build something.

kv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back