Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cypress Programmable System On a Chip (PSOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

I came across the Cypress PSOC devices. These devices are really cool. They are like a mix of FPGA and microprocessor. They have analog building blocks, a bank of UDB (Universal Digital Blocks), a ARM core processor, or 8051 for 8 bit family. So you start off in the IDE with a schematic page where you place your design components like analog muxes, delta/sigma ADC, LCD interfaces, USB, etc. Once you place your blocks you can go right to the coding part, I think the compiler is C only but not sure I just got this yesterday. In the schematic view you can double click on the part to configure the block, and for code function list of the block you can click the data sheet button.
I just thought it was neat and thought I would share in case you want to try it. Screen shot attached:

Attachments

• cypressIDE1.gif
    cypressIDE1.gif
    90.5 KB · Views: 217
hi Mike,
Interesting find.
Sadly your gif image is a little too small too see clearly.
E

Sorry Eric, I tried to upload a higher resolution .jpg file but the upload thingy did not see the file so I posted a lower res image as I thought my file size was to large. It was just a screenshot to show what the IDE looks like. Some people not comfortable with hardware design would probably prefer the PIC type devices. Just my initial impression of this software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back