Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cyberdyne tv stuck on standby, no remote, child lock on

Status
Not open for further replies.

james baldwin

hi guys i have a problem. I bought a very cheap second hand tv with no remote. its a cyberdyne TM-26751D. its always worked fine as i just used the buttons on the side to turn on/off and change volume etc. my problem is that when flicking the the menus ive accidentley turned on a "child lock" that has disabled the buttons on the side. In a panic to correct it i switched off the tv and then powered it back on, but due to the controls being disabled i now cant get it off standby mode. i unplugged it and left it overnight but no joy this morning, still stuck on standby. ive searched the internet and can find no info at all on these "cyberdyne" tvs. Ive had the tv apart to see if there is any kind of battery that i might be able to remove to reset it but i couldnt see anything that looked like a battery?? does anyone have any ideas how i could reset the tv to disable the child lock? i dont even think i will be able to use a universal remote either as i believe i would need to turn the tv on to register the remote?? Ive also tried pressing a combination of buttons and holding different buttons in an attempt to reset it but nothing :( any help would be greatly appriciated.

oops.

I have a couple of universal remotes I think made by one for all, they have a scan function where the remote sends the power up command one at a time from a set of codes within its memory, when the tv responds you press a button and the command set is stored.
See if you can get or borrow one of these.

hi thanks for your reply, ive had a look on ebay for that brand remote, found a couple, and then stumbled upon an instruction manual for one, only problem is that it says "Switch your television on (not in standby)" when using the code search option and indeed the manual code option :/

can you confirm that yours does indeed work when the tv is on standby? i dont suppose you know what model yours is?

thanks again

I've had mine 15+ years so they are probably obsolete.
I got them from cpc, its just round the corner from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back