custom LCD character

Status
Not open for further replies.

dim78

hello guys..
i want to display a custom character on my lcd.....how can i do that???
i saw some examples in net but ...i need some help please....
in this example display a small circle for the Celcius degree... (Lcdout #temp1, ".", #temp2, $df, "C")
how can ia display something else with the syblom of hex at front like this..$df

this is a page about.. but...i cant find a solution for me..https://omerk.github.io/lcdchargen/

thank you (i hope you understand my english...)

Most LCD units have the degree symbol already... Location 0xDF in the character set... So just use..

LCDdata(oxDF);

Or the function that applies to you.

i understand...the symbol of Celsius degree was already store in memory of LCD....
so for my custom character the only way is the Lcddefchar command...am i right?
Thanks for the reply Ian...

Yes... The custom characters are locations 0 ~ 7 and also 8 ~ 15 but these are duplicates.

You need to write the command "0x48" and then the special characters.. 8 per character..

Ooops!! I have just realized you are using Oshonsoft... Yes!! the Lcddefchar is correct..

Lcddefchar 0, %11111, %10001, %10001, %10001, %10001, %10001, %11111, 0

Makes a square..

The hitachi series lcd controllers do have a custom character memory you can setup your own characters, I did it a while back its a right pain to do, I was designing a system that displayed the measurement of a vehicle engine 02 sensor on a lcd using a vertical bargraph made from custom characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…