Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

custom LCD character

Status
Not open for further replies.

dim78

hello guys..
i want to display a custom character on my lcd.....how can i do that???
i saw some examples in net but ...i need some help please....
in this example display a small circle for the Celcius degree... (Lcdout #temp1, ".", #temp2, $df, "C")
how can ia display something else with the syblom of hex at front like this..$df

this is a page about.. but...i cant find a solution for me..https://omerk.github.io/lcdchargen/

thank you (i hope you understand my english...)

i understand...the symbol of Celsius degree was already store in memory of LCD....
so for my custom character the only way is the Lcddefchar command...am i right?
Thanks for the reply Ian...

The hitachi series lcd controllers do have a custom character memory you can setup your own characters, I did it a while back its a right pain to do, I was designing a system that displayed the measurement of a vehicle engine 02 sensor on a lcd using a vertical bargraph made from custom characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back