Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

current mulitplier circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisanne

hello
i would like to build a ac to dc current mulitplier circuit that will take lets say 5amp and take it too 20 amp this will be used on a inverter as a way to used less grid current ,can some one help me i am also new too this thing

thanks

I would like a circuit/device that will take lets say 5 pounds of gold and take it too 20 pounds of gold.:rolleyes:

So you want a circuit that takes produces X voltage at 20A and consumes X voltage at 5A? THat is not possible because it is producing more power than it is consuming. It is a free energy machine. For a circuit to increase current, it must decrease voltage.

Input Power = X Volts * 5A = 5X Watts
Output Power = X Volts * 20A = 20X Watts

Efficiency = Output Power / Input Power *100= 20X/5X *100 = 400% Efficiency-> Not possible.

Last edited:
Yes, for example 48V 1A DC in, 6V 8A out is easily possible.

But he did say he wanted to use it to reduce grid current which hints at a free energy device.

My above statement was incorrect, you can't have 100% efficiency. I should have said 48V 1A DC in, 6V 7.2A out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back