Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current feedback ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

Ok, when I was talking about superregens on here, someone (I believe audioguru) claimed that superregens produce noise when not tuned into the station and that "current feedback" oscillators produce no output when they are not tuned into a station.

I'm thinking it is a matter of changing one or two parts from a simple transistor superregen design (see VHF tracking receiver at jbgizmo.com) to get a "current feedback" oscillator. I'm thinking maybe shorting one or two components out.

I dont want to add 100 parts or an IC to switch from capacitor feedback to current feedback.

Can someone show me a circuit that will work as a current feedback oscillator with one or two transistors? thanks.

Hi MS,
I don't recall talking about a current feedback oscillator. Oscillators don't make noise. Only super-simple super-regen "radios" that have their RF stage nearly oscillating and "real" radios with lots of gain make noise when between stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back