Current control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No replies?
No ideas?
No suggestions?
Or all wait for better photo?
I will take photos tomorrow with D3200.

Bingo UC3525ADW is the controller, but theres 2?, maybe one provides power for the control electronics and the other is the big boy, also the 358's might be part of the current control.
Difficult to go much further without a schem.

Yes, sure, manufecture give me schematics, hehe, nice joke
About second UC3525ADW, there are two output lines, 3v3 and 12V, or, you can see on photo of PSU, there is a small transformer for DB etc.

Yes, sure, manufecture give me schematics, hehe, nice joke
About second UC3525ADW, there are two output lines, 3v3 and 12V, or, you can see on photo of PSU, there is a small transformer for DB etc.
If you look at the RC (remote control) web sites it may already be posted, they use server power supplies all the time. Either case you need it right? just trying to help.

I contact DELL for schematics, hard to do but I have complete server with sticker with "service tag" that is need to contact with dell, so I have permision to contact.

Ok, some bad news, D3200 I rent is with lens that is not for macro photos.
Schematics, I was unable to contact to central DELL support, only to nope in PL that reply to me that he don't have schematics -,-
So if we don't find schematics we don't make this mod......
I do not force, but meybe anyone in USA buy one this PSU, this is only 10$(eg. here **broken link removed**) but I don't force.

EDIT;
WTF?
Only 1$?? **broken link removed**

Last edited:
That's a lot of power you are playing with, if you are not sure what you are doing, I would advise not to.

I'm not EE but I know some about electronics, everyday I repairing many home electronics and many other items, eg. cars, mom's kitchen mixer, computers, smartphones, TV's, laptops, power supplies, sometimes I'm a carpenter, watchmaker, smith, shoemaker and many others.

Even with schematics it would be tricky.
Are you trying to protect against over current or trying to make a constant current power supply?

Ehh, how many times I have to tell this?...
I want to make bench power supply with regulated votlage and amperage(limiting) like in a lab power supply(**broken link removed**)

Yes, this is what I want to make with my power supplies, but of course with higher power - 2,5kW(or more power, if we can get above 15,5V - currently above 16V, output is unstable).

Thanks for help boys!

I'm beginning to doubt...
No schematics no mod, dell support don't want to give schematics, also I asked Mr. Dell - no reply.
I try to ask Delta Americas :/

This is a tuff one. I spent some time looking too. The closest I came was a RC forum where they use these to supply quick chargers.
One post had schematics for about 30 server supplies but not yours.
Not sure how far you want to go with this but I would buy some of the models that has been documented and found able to be converted for adjustable current control.
As stated before to make an addon for your supply could be quite an undertaking and could cost more than getting another supply.
At best an add on would take a controller and several large transistors on a big heatsink. As well as some sort of box to hold it all.

Last edited:
You tell about RCGroups.com?

About buying another one, the problem is that in fuc*ing country >Poland< I can't buy serwer PSU in normal prices like in USA, you have to pay for 086gnr PSU about 10$, I have to pay 300$ :<

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…