Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating a feedback for motor speed controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albert10

Hi, am working on this project
of controlling the speed of a motor but i would like to add a feedback circuit that uses transistor , mosfet , resistors to the circuit in youtube video so that my speed stays at 1000rpm.

Welcome to ETO.
If you use a standard DC gearmotor of the type shown you will need to attach a sensor of some sort to the output shaft so that the rotation speed can be determined. The Arduino, when suitably programmed, can respond to the sensed speed and adjust a PWM (pulse width modulated) drive to the motor to maintain a given speed.
The motor will also need a reverse-biased diode connected across its terminals to suppress high voltage spikes which can destroy the driver transistor. I note that no such diode is apparent in the video :eek:!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back