Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Create model with libraryfile in LTSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olle73

Hello,

I´m fairly new to LTSpice and now I have run into a problem that I can't solved.

I want to create a schematic with a choke called B82790 (EPCOS). Unfortunately that one isn't available "per default".

But at EPCOS webpage I found a library file with that one included,
**broken link removed** (The windows one).So I downloaded the file and copied the DLD.lib into C:\LT SPice\lib\sub\myLib

In LTSpice I found a symbol that I could reuse, SLM. So I copied that .asy file into myLib and renamed it to B82790.asy. Then I added that component and edited the Component Attribute to
Prefix: X
InstName: U2
SpiceModel: c:\LTSpice\lib\sub\myLib\DLD.lib
Value: DLD
Value2: DLD
Model File: c:\LTSpice\lib\sub\myLib\DLD.lib

I also included the libfile via spicedirective, ".inc c:\LT Spice\lib\sub\myLib\DLD.lib"

But when I ran the simulation I got the errormessages:"Unknown subcirucit called in:..."

What have I done wrong?

But when I ran the simulation I got the errormessages:"Unknown subcirucit called in:..."

What have I done wrong?

Most likely the format of .lib is incompatible.

There is a yahoo group called LTspice, it contains a ton of information about importing devices.

As far as chokes go, it's much easier to modify LTspice's existing inductor model than import someone else's - the built-in model is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back