Create model with libraryfile in LTSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olle73

Hello,

I´m fairly new to LTSpice and now I have run into a problem that I can't solved.

I want to create a schematic with a choke called B82790 (EPCOS). Unfortunately that one isn't available "per default".

But at EPCOS webpage I found a library file with that one included,
**broken link removed** (The windows one).So I downloaded the file and copied the DLD.lib into C:\LT SPice\lib\sub\myLib

In LTSpice I found a symbol that I could reuse, SLM. So I copied that .asy file into myLib and renamed it to B82790.asy. Then I added that component and edited the Component Attribute to
Prefix: X
InstName: U2
SpiceModel: c:\LTSpice\lib\sub\myLib\DLD.lib
Value: DLD
Value2: DLD
Model File: c:\LTSpice\lib\sub\myLib\DLD.lib

I also included the libfile via spicedirective, ".inc c:\LT Spice\lib\sub\myLib\DLD.lib"

But when I ran the simulation I got the errormessages:"Unknown subcirucit called in:..."

What have I done wrong?

But when I ran the simulation I got the errormessages:"Unknown subcirucit called in:..."

What have I done wrong?

Most likely the format of .lib is incompatible.

There is a yahoo group called LTspice, it contains a ton of information about importing devices.

As far as chokes go, it's much easier to modify LTspice's existing inductor model than import someone else's - the built-in model is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…