Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crazy resistor! Help me id it

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DerStrom8 Yes, but this resistor isn't mentioned there. I suspect the amplifier system is not getting power somehow.

If it's a circuit schematic it should have the resistor drawn in there. I don't have a PDF viewer on this machine, so would it be possible for you to post the schematic, perhaps as an image file?

Sure, but sadly it doesn't show a schematic for the power board, only for the signal board.

There is only a small block diagram:

**broken link removed**

and for the audio system:

**broken link removed**

Well, I just learnt something new, this resistor is, in fact, a "fusistor" and 0.4ohm is a pretty standard value. That means it is working fine and I'll have to look for the fault somewhere else, probably in the signal board. At least I learnt something new. Thank you everybody!

There are a series of these power supplies used in various consumer TV products. It is manufactured by a Taiwanese outfit by the name of FSP group. The same suffix is used in the id number and finding original schematics are next to impossible. While there may be some floating around the net, it is usually not the one you are looking for or else it is an entire board pulled from another set for sale. I have used a netlist generator in the past to draw one.
I have to at least give them credit for giving some pointers on their boards. If you pay attention to the edges/corners, you may see some indicators as to what the connectors suppose to have.
--rather unusual for any yingyang outfit but it can certainly help out in repair.

Well, I just learnt something new, this resistor is, in fact, a "fusistor" and 0.4ohm is a pretty standard value. That means it is working fine and I'll have to look for the fault somewhere else, probably in the signal board. At least I learnt something new. Thank you everybody!

As I said above it is a low ohms fusible resistor, 2W size.

It won't be 0.4 ohms with those colour bands. Value /100 resistors have silver as the third band, so it could be 0.27 ohms (red purple silver).

And the resistor is fine, you can just solder it back in and go look for the real problem now. :)

i have the same manual ,sometimes the smps is regarded as a non serviceable item and you are required to replace the complete assy-what fault have you got-is it dead,do you get a flash from the backlights before it goes to standby with flashing leds-could be any number of reasons why the set doesnt work from invertor failure to ssb software ....give me an idea of what the set does

Yeah, too bad I think the problem is in the signal board, probably in the amplifier CI or the DSP. The voltage in the pins are ok.

@sheldonstv The tv is fine except there is no sound, and the funny thing is that when I insert a phone into the phone jacket the standby led will go blinking and won't even turn on. And also the hdmi side connector died the same time the sound stopped.

theres a clue-hdmi affected and no sound points to software -a simple software update may get your set working again -ive had similar problems like this and software updates is what i go for first-it might give you a bit more info if you have a look at the settings in service mode as a wrong setting will cause problems

It had the lastest firmware already and I've never entered service mode, so I believe that's not the case. Although it's getting voltage in the speakers connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back