CPLD to emulate 784HC logic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgudgel

I am having a tough time finding a CPLD type device that will actually emulate and replace some standard 74HC parts. The Altera and Xilinx parts, AFAIK, do not have the combination of... 5 Volt output drive (for some LEDs) along with Schmitt trigger (74HC14) capability. And it needs to cost around 1 dollar or so.

Now, ~maybe~ a PSoC... possibly. The 74HC14 portion would be to replace an R-C-D 200nanosecond to 400 nanosecond delay. I believe that CPLD propagation delays are too short to emulate that otherwise but ideas are generously accepted.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
boB

Well, now I am thinking that since I already have a 50 MHz clock available, I can just use that to clock my delay, which would be nice to have a resolution of 50 nanoseconds. No problem with that speed, or 50 MHz /2 = 25 MHz =
40 nanoseconds. Perfect ! I just need to decide between a Xilinx or Lattice or Altera I guess.

Please, any input is appreciated on which way to swing (and hopefully reasons why)

Thanks,
boB

OK, one more time...

How many CPLD type devices are out there that operate at 5 Volts ???

I see Xilinx and Cypress PSoC as the only ones these days.

Are there any more I am missing ??

boB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…