Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Couple of neat pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Been a nice walk today, about 8 miles, here's a few pictures:

1) Where the dambusters practiced:

DSC00793.jpg

2) Now who'd like one of THESE:

DSC00779.jpg

3) This is what I went to see, it's called Alport Castles:

DSC00753.jpg

hi Nigel,
Thanks for the Nice pic's, especially Lady Bower dam area.
One of my old trekking locations.:)
Eric

Amazing pics Nigel. I find the dambusters one the most interesting.

Thanks for sharing,
tvtech

Amazing pics Nigel. I find the dambusters one the most interesting.

There's actually two dams with the towers, Howden and Derwent, the picture above was the top one, Howden - there's also a third lower one, Lady Bower - with no towers, but a giant 'plug hole' in the middle, my dad actually worked on it's construction :D.

Picture below of the Derwent - bit more water in this one:

DSC00805.jpg

And here's the elevation plot of my walk:

Elevation.png

Incidentally, the elevation track and pictures are from my Garmin GPSMAP 62sc, so the pictures are all geo-tagged. Notice feet and miles, none of this EU metric crap!.

Steep climb..and then huge brakes to not fall downhill face first. Crikey you are fit.

Nooooo!!!!! - not me :D

I struggled with the uphill part, and was really tired by the end of the walk - my feet were killing me :D

Although looking at the plot I see I climbed about 900 feet.

The downhill part of that graph is where the Softrak in the picture went down :nailbiting:

I first saw it in the distance at about the highest point, but only caught it up at the bottom (where it had stopped). It's like a little pickup truck, and they had picked up a big metal box, covered in camouflage netting (presumably some sort of hide?) - I helped them slide it on to a trailer for taking away. Interestingly the team doing this (and who lifted in on the Softrak in the first place), were one man and three women :D

Tired tonight....too many beers and a celebration yesterday...

Stay well Guys.

All the best,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back