Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could someone help me fix an 865 AVL Di Scope

Status
Not open for further replies.

260z

I have an old AVL discope that worked a half dozen years ago. I have not needed it until now and of course it doesnt go. If someone could give me a place to start it would be helpful.

Yes the battery was checked even to the extent that I checked that supply was reaching the board (checking the battery contacts). There is also a fuse that was also checked. I am wondering if it needs rebooting. There is a component that is marked on the board as a capacitor but it looks like a battery. Its the only thing that resembles a batery and as it is supposed to have sotware installed it should have some sort of battery (I would think).

Hi, It appears to me that your description of the fault is not clear.
When you say it doesn't go, do you mean that the screen remains of and there's no response from the instrument when you press the on button?

Hiya, thats about the size of it. The screen does stay blank. I had thought of running a signal to it but from memory it has a couple of screens to get throgh before you can do anything with it. I checked the boards(3) for corrosion as the rechargable battery pack it came with had been leaking. Everytthing seems to be fine but no action when you go to turn it on. I was hoping that someone might steer me in the right direction to fix it. I may just have to bight the bullet and save up for a little portable or something.

Hiya, thats about the size of it. The screen does stay blank. I had thought of running a signal to it but from memory it has a couple of screens to get throgh before you can do anything with it. I checked the boards(3) for corrosion as the rechargable battery pack it came with had been leaking. Everytthing seems to be fine but no action when you go to turn it on. I was hoping that someone might steer me in the right direction to fix it. I may just have to bight the bullet and save up for a little portable or something.

There might be a bad solder connection somewhere too.

If there are small SMD chips on the board, just forget it!-it will be a very big challenge to fix

-Ben

Hi Ben

I will look at that. Its kind of taken a back seat at the moment. I will have to have a closer look at this battery looking component.

It seems to be marked as a cap but have never seen a cap built like this before. Full metal jacket type thing not the flimsy aluminium cans that the electrolytics have. Thanks for the reply.

-Geof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back