Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

correctness

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I understand it, the general rule is that where the unit is derived from a person's name, eg. Volt, Ampere, Watt, Kelvin, etc. the upper case is used as the abbreviation.

Len

ljcox said:
As I understand it, the general rule is that where the unit is derived from a person's name, eg. Volt, Ampere, Watt, Kelvin, etc. the upper case is used as the abbreviation.

Len

Yes. That is why I made he last post.

It is also the rule that when the unit is stated in full the word is not awarded an uppr-case initial letter. So it's volts, amperes, watts and kelvins.

As a rider, people get mixed up when a unit is not named after a person. You see times in mS intead of the correct ms.

Of course Sebi, I overooked that.

I was referring to the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back