Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cordless Drill Charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Thanks alot MrAl I really appreciate your help. I would like to just fix the battery or just use the one that is working but I would like to keep the circuit the same as is so if I can change R2 with a diffrent resistor rather then going with multiple resistors. I know the design you worked out for me is much better then the one I currently have. So if Ijust wanted to replace R2 would you be able to tell me what the value might be. Once again I would like to thank you and all the other people here for melping me out greatly appreciated.

Sammy

I am over and out on this one. That "charger" has cheap and nasty written all over it.

No matter what you do.....it ain't gonna help solve your problem. The battery(s) were screwed from day one after the first "charge"'

Last edited:
Hi again,

Many many chargers are designed like this, this is nothing new. Try a value of 470 ohms for your R2 and a high brightness LED. Definitely FIX the pack if you intend to use a low wattage resistor though. Good luck with it.

I am over and out on this one. That "charger" has cheap and nasty written all over it.

No matter what you do.....it ain't gonna help solve your problem. The battery(s) were screwed from day one after the first "charge"'

Don't worry I don't need your help lot of other nice people here that will help not rude like you. If you don't want to help don't respond simple as that.

The secret is you have to monitor the charge and don't charge the battery for any more than 12 to 14 hours.

I think you have sucessfully developed a charger that will survive failing to charge defective batteries and has to be watched so it doesn't destroy good batteries. I didn't think that was a good idea, but you've found help and accomplished it. I wish you good luck.

Don't worry I don't need your help lot of other nice people here that will help not rude like you. If you don't want to help don't respond simple as that.

I was referring to the crappy charger you are trying to fix. Not directed at you. But rather at the manufacturer.

Chill and read my posts properly. Before you say I am rude. I just call a spade a spade. Crap is crap.

See you next time. Hopefully I will be able to guide you as to how to fix something that is really worth fixing. Have fun in the meantime.

Thx and bye.

Last edited:
You have fiddled and tried to modify it. They won't want it back. Your problem now.

Good luck. Have fun.

Last edited:
There we go, Thanks so much I will look into this as this might fix my problem. You guys soved my problem by working together I like it when more then one head comes together :) :)

Thank you so much

They won't want the old one returned, they sent me a new one with no questions, just told them I had purchased a drill with the recalled charger.

They won't want the old one returned, they sent me a new one with no questions, just told them I had purchased a drill with the recalled charger.

Sounds a bit like Dell.

Last edited:
You have fiddled and tried to modify it. They won't want it back. Your problem now.

Good luck. Have fun.

Um NO they never asked for the old charger back in-fact thanks to some of the guys here and especially you Neal I got the old one working by "fiddling" with it and Wagner called me and said we have no more chargers left BUT we can compensate you with something of equally value and they sent me a Paint-Mate Plus

Um NO they never asked for the old charger back in-fact thanks to some of the guys here and especially you Neal I got the old one working by "fiddling" with it and Wagner called me and said we have no more chargers left BUT we can compensate you with something of equally value and they sent me a Paint-Mate Plus

Glad all worked out ok, my batteries were pretty old on the Wagner drill (purchased in 1997)and recently got a couple of the Ryobi 18v drills at Home Depot for about $35 each including chargers and batteries.
You will like the paint roller, I have one like that and it really speeds up a large room, especially for the ceiling.

Last edited:
Glad all worked out ok, my batteries were pretty old on the Wagner drill (purchased in 1997)and recently got a couple of the Ryobi 18v drills at Home Depot for about $35 each including chargers and batteries.
You will like the paint roller, I have one like that and it really speeds up a large room, especially for the ceiling.

Yeah accually it all worked out fine because I'm in the stage of painting my entire house. I got 2 rooms done then I started doing something else and my wife kept bugging me lets do more rooms but now I will just give her that roller and let het loose. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back