Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Copycat

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been talk of adding a section like that here too. The problem is that the majority of annoying one post wonders usually don't pay enough attention to notice.

Might still be worth a shot though. I like the idea.

Torben
Mee too Torben. Can be added below "Gen Elec Chat" and "El Pr Dsg/Rws" for getting quick attention. It can be something like "Projects/Home Work Helps". Seems like a good idea for me :)

The poster could have at least given his answers, which he did not. This is blatant cheating in my book, and as a student myself, I resent these people. I work hard for my grade. Can I say damit?...:)

Fair enough--good point about him not giving his answers. I totally missed that. :)

Torben

Last edited:
Many professors do not like giving test because of the stress involved for the student and all (Many teachers feel the pain of the student). Their solution was take home test, as one could work from the book, and be relaxed. The idea was that you learned something. Thanks to these bunghole cheaters, take home test are few and far in between as professors realize the extent of the decline in today's moral code. It stinks that cheaters have taken this cool method of testing away from the honest ones...

Okay, done ranting.

One possible solution is to give a two part test.

The first part is an extensive take home test.

The second is an in class test that any student who
works through the take home test will easily pass.

The grade is the lowest of the two.

One possible solution is to give a two part test.

The first part is an extensive take home test.

The second is an in class test that any student who
works through the take home test will easily pass.

The grade is the lowest of the two.

I like that idea...

I once had this really great teacher. He was my Anatomy and physiology class teacher. One day we showed up for our exam, instead of giving us a usual exam, he made it like a game show. Sorta jeopardy. He would ask a question, then we as students would write the answers on 3x5 cards. All with correct answers got points. I dunno, it was fun, we were tested and the stress was relieved. He was my favorite college teacher. And he was MIT grad, sharp as a tack.
---------------edit----------------------

I have a feeling your that sort of teacher 3VO

Last edited:
Take home tests are hard. I fail take home tests. WHen I talked to the prof about it he looked at it and asked me if I discussed it with the other students. I was like "no". ANd he was like, "oh, i was expecting you to."

BTW the course was math proofs.

Last edited:
Take home tests are hard. I fail take home tests. WHen I talked to the prof about it he looked at it and asked me if I discussed it with the other students. I was like "no". ANd he was like, "oh, i was expecting you to."

BTW the course was math proofs.

I agree, take home test are harder which only makes sense due to the fact that you can use the book. Even though I feel less stressed and always score a good grade on take homes, I really have to work my butt off, but in the long run I do feel I learn more than just trying to memorize some facts for a in class test.

Some other forum statistics :)

Electrotech - very theoretical replies but need to extend the thread for few pages to get a correct answer - no baby feeds

Electronicslab – very slow, few correct replies, if no answer shift to another forum. Benefits are their like competitions etc…….

Vbforums – quick instant replies - programmer’s heaven

Edaboard.com – lots of completed projects sharing , maximum two or three replies you get the answer.

Microchip - what you have done up to now?

Last edited:
Some other forum statistics :)

Electrotech - very theoretical replies but need to extend the thread for few pages to get a correct answer - no baby feeds

I do not see it that way. Posters do not get the answer they are looking for because they do not properly state the question. Vague or missing bits. Esp when they try to hide the application.

When a good, to the point, question is asked the answer is often short.

But when the question is vague we do tend to specualte.

EDIT: I am not sure what you mean by "no baby feeds". We spend a lot of time with people who need to be spoon feed.

I'm with 3v0
The only time we get too far into theory is when the poster provides no details, then all we have to work with is theory.

They banned me from allaboutcircuits:D

A lot of people like to badmouth America over there.......and I am a grumpy old Vietnam Vet who doesn't take that crap!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back