Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting Speaker Cable to Monaural

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ergol

Hi there, just bought myself a new amplifier for my 5.1 surround sound speakers and was hooking all the speakers up. When it finally came to the woofer i found that it had no input for speaker cables in the amp, i checked the manual and it says you need a monaural audio cord. So i checked if the Woofer has the input slot and it doesnt.....so i was wandering if theres anyway around this like a converter of some kind.
Any help would be much appreciated! All parts are Sony so i guessed that it would all be compatible....
Kind Regards Ergol :(

Last edited:
so i need to buy another subwoofer for sure :eek:?

Hi,
I found this yesterday for another query, it may have something you can use,:)

Attachments

• Subwoofer_connections.pdf
    58.4 KB · Views: 4,699
Most (all?) surround amps have speaker outputs for front/rear/centre speakers, and an RCA line output for powered subs. You sure theres no sub RCA line output?, it wouldnt be a 5.1 amp if it didnt ;-). Find the RCA socket, buy a powered sub (subwoofer spkr with a built in amp), and yr done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back