converting ac to dc

Status
Not open for further replies.

For a start you should reply to the thread, not edit your original post - it's only by luck that I happened to notice you had done so! - and presumably no body else has?.

But you're still making no sense? - explain EXACTLY what you're trying to do, and explain EXACTLY what this 'generator' is!.

The "generator" is probably just a big coil that is waved around, passing through the earth's magnetic field and making a puny amount of power.

Maybe the coil is stationary and picks up a puny amount of power as the moon's magnetic field goes by.

An LM7805 would be useless here because all of the power would be wasted by the quiescent current.

will u plz tell me what is the difference between 6v zener diode and ic 7805

A zener diode and a 7805 regulator are completely different.

The zener diode is a shunt regulator. A zener diode has a fixed value resistor feeding current to it and to the load. If the load doesn't use much current then the zener diode wastes it.

A 7805 is a series regulator that varies its internal resistance to pass only the amount of current that is needed by the load to keep the voltage constant. Hardly any current is wasted. The voltage regulation is excellent.

OK, this thread isn't anything like on topic - and the OP doesn't seem to want to give us any information?, so I'm closing the thread!.

If the original poster decides he wants to tell us what he wants, please PM me, and I'l reopen the thread.

Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…