Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

converting ac to dc

Status
Not open for further replies.
ovr50 said:
I have an ac generator producing .1amp and .1volt. Is it possible to convert this to dc and have anything left. Yes that is one tenth, if so, what would I need to do? Any help would be appreciated.
The measurements are correct, it's a project scale model battery charger that I would like to see work. If it is not possible to convert such low current then what is the lowest amount of voltage/amperage that can be switched to dc?

For a start you should reply to the thread, not edit your original post - it's only by luck that I happened to notice you had done so! - and presumably no body else has?.

But you're still making no sense? - explain EXACTLY what you're trying to do, and explain EXACTLY what this 'generator' is!.

The "generator" is probably just a big coil that is waved around, passing through the earth's magnetic field and making a puny amount of power.

Maybe the coil is stationary and picks up a puny amount of power as the moon's magnetic field goes by.:D

An LM7805 would be useless here because all of the power would be wasted by the quiescent current.

nura100 said:
Hello Kpsoneji

i don't know how you'd use a 7805 Linear Positive Regulator with the above setup,

7805 reg would need minimum of 2.5 Volts more than its output Voltage, and the regulator itself would consume some current for its internal circuitry.

the thread starter has to respond to these ideas and furnish more details.

nura
will u plz tell me what is the difference between 6v zener diode and ic 7805

A zener diode and a 7805 regulator are completely different.

The zener diode is a shunt regulator. A zener diode has a fixed value resistor feeding current to it and to the load. If the load doesn't use much current then the zener diode wastes it.

A 7805 is a series regulator that varies its internal resistance to pass only the amount of current that is needed by the load to keep the voltage constant. Hardly any current is wasted. The voltage regulation is excellent.

OK, this thread isn't anything like on topic - and the OP doesn't seem to want to give us any information?, so I'm closing the thread!.

If the original poster decides he wants to tell us what he wants, please PM me, and I'l reopen the thread.

Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back