Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting a CNC interface +5 to common signal ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmauch

I have a cnc ethernet controller for stepper motors. The controller signal outputs are step, direction and common +5 for signal return. However, The stepper motor drivers I have take inputs that are step, direction and common signal ground. Is there a circuit that I can use to convert the cnc interface common +5 to common signal ground?

Its a chinese ethernet interface card NVEM v2 \. There is much help except that the outputs for each driver are +5, step pulse, direction pulse. And the step motor drivers are common signal ground, step pulse direction pulse. See the Geckodrive G540 .

Would a 7404 work? I would input the +5 on pin 1 and output pin 2 would be connected to ground.?

It does look at section 2.2.1 then how it connects to a stepper motor driver in figure 2.3 But my drivers also have opto isolators and they require common signal ground. The NVEM shows +5 as the signal return path.

It does look at section 2.2.1 then how it connects to a stepper motor driver in figure 2.3 But my drivers also have opto isolators and they require common signal ground. The NVEM shows +5 as the signal return path.
Oh, I see how Figure 2-1 is supposed to mean now. Not the best labeling on that diagram IMO.

So the driver input is a common cathode LED input?

It's not clear to me what kind of stepper outputs the NVEM has.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back