Converting a CNC interface +5 to common signal ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmauch

I have a cnc ethernet controller for stepper motors. The controller signal outputs are step, direction and common +5 for signal return. However, The stepper motor drivers I have take inputs that are step, direction and common signal ground. Is there a circuit that I can use to convert the cnc interface common +5 to common signal ground?

Its a chinese ethernet interface card NVEM v2 \. There is much help except that the outputs for each driver are +5, step pulse, direction pulse. And the step motor drivers are common signal ground, step pulse direction pulse. See the Geckodrive G540 .

Would a 7404 work? I would input the +5 on pin 1 and output pin 2 would be connected to ground.?

It does look at section 2.2.1 then how it connects to a stepper motor driver in figure 2.3 But my drivers also have opto isolators and they require common signal ground. The NVEM shows +5 as the signal return path.

It does look at section 2.2.1 then how it connects to a stepper motor driver in figure 2.3 But my drivers also have opto isolators and they require common signal ground. The NVEM shows +5 as the signal return path.
Oh, I see how Figure 2-1 is supposed to mean now. Not the best labeling on that diagram IMO.

So the driver input is a common cathode LED input?

It's not clear to me what kind of stepper outputs the NVEM has.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…