Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light_Catapult

Hi,

This is my first post here in Electro Tech!;)

I just want to ask... how this circuit works.. all i know is that diode make the flow in one direction only... **broken link removed**

and the capacitor stores the charge in electric field. ;)

resistor disipates some power...;) and LED for indication..

sorry for my noobish (i know it.)

so how this really works..

ok, the capacitor stores the charge. do the cap just store or it also power out... and what about the IN/OUT/ADJ (i forgot the name)............ my plan is to charge my 6 vbattery!!!
thanks!!!

The LM317 Regulator is the heart of the drawing. The diodes are in there for circuit protection. If you read the data sheet I linked to it covers things pretty well rather than me type away explaining the diodes. D3 is protection of the 10uF cap on the Adj pin, D2 the 10uF output cap and D1 is input protection. The input 100uF and output 10uF caps are there to filter. The data sheet shows some good examples. I suggest you read it and question anything you don't understand.

Ron

Like I said on the other website:
It is a voltage regulator, not a "converter" and not a battery charger.

Like I said on the other website:
It is a voltage regulator, not a "converter" and not a battery charger.

Ah the old trick of posting the same question on multiple forums and running the answers through a comparator. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back