Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

convert voltage to Angle(degree)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danjoro

my project is to convert voltage to angle(degree) using potentiometer. i already measure voltage and got their step in binary n hex..but my problem is how can i relate the voltage measured with angle(in degree)...??

say you have maximum Vmax and minimum Vmin voltage and correspondingly angles Amax and Amin.
Calculate (Vmax - Vmin) / (Amax - Amin) = x and x will be Voltage for 1 unit of degree :)

so i must use this formula to get voltage for 1 degree...i already measure the value for each degree in practical but the value not constant...what value should i get..using calculation o value measure in practical?...n can u explain to me about ASCII and BCD??

As pointed out, you need to use a Precision, LINEAR potentiometer. Look at the linearity spec on any pot you are going to use.

so i must use this formula to get voltage for 1 degree...i already measure the value for each degree in practical but the value not constant...what value should i get..using calculation o value measure in practical?...n can u explain to me about ASCII and BCD??

You should be aware that general purpose potentiometers have only about 270 degrees of rotation, so you cannot use the Vmax thru Vmin divided by 360deg to give the angle/volt.
Measure exactly the total rotation the pot has in degrees and use that as the divisor.

ooo..i think i use single turn potentiometer (5k ohm)...it's linear right...my potentiometer is about 300 degree...

ok tq..it's ok if Vmax not equal with Vref?..fo example if Vref=5v and i get Vmax at 270 degree=4.18v....

the pot is in series with another resistor (1k)...in theoretical, voltage divider used to get the vout..the value is all most constant in practical..just some Volt can't be read...i just worry the inconstant value can effect my data o my final result...and it's the value vref=vmax??

Why not apply VDD (the reference voltage for the AD converter)to the ccw terminal, ground the cw terminal, and take the output signal (AD input) from the wiper?

Last edited:
ok..i think i get it..then how to conversion to 8bit binary???...

Do you have a clue as to how to use the AD converter? If not, take a few hours and read 350+ page the Data Sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back