Convert 24 vac to power 2.5 vdc LEDs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

More like Green with current through the green LED and then Red with current through the red LED. You cant get light out with no current

I'm working on it but having some problems protecting the LEDs from the inductive Kick when the Valve Coil turns off. I'm trying a common cathode bi-color LED

Oh, I was thinking that since the colors were different wavelengths, they did something with frequency to get it to be red or green.... guess that wouldn't be that easy. Some of this still seems like magic to me

there's a hot 24 vac terminal on the controller that I could use as source for the circuits of the LED's that show the non-powered valves...

Last edited:
Oh, I was thinking that since the colors were different wavelengths, they did something with frequency to get it to be red or green.... guess that wouldn't be that easy. Some of this still seems like magic to me

No, there are actually two different LEDs mounted inside one lump of plastic. Some Bicolor LEDs have two leads (they light up AMBER if powered on AC) and some have three; of which some are common anode and some are common cathode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…