Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

controlling mobile phone using microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

froten

Hello all,

Im trying to make a remote control system using mobile phones where I will send a didgital control signal from the control station to destination using two mobile phones one fro sending data and the second to recieve the data. I used the pobile mic to send my digital signal and used the speaker in the receiving phone to get back the signal. Because I will useing a digital data, I used a sequre wave as the input in the sending hpone but in the receving phone I got almost sine wave (may be due to the internal filters of the mobiles) which is not digital data as I sent. My idea is this: I need to send and recive a control signal (digital or analog) using mobile phone, so please whoever has anyidea or research or hint let me know as this progect is my graduate project and I have only small idea about mobile programming and control.

any help is greatly appriciated.

Why not use DTMF in the phones? I know my sprint still fake DTMF.

What kind of phones, how are you connected to them? How are you going off-hook on the receiving phone??? More details more help.

Maybe a regular phone to a pager would be easier and cheaper..

I would suggest using a cellular module, Telit makes a bunch of them with amazing features, I posted about it in the other thread about controlling mobile phones with a uC

I used NOKIA 1100 to send the signal and NOKIA 6020 to receive the signal. Another way I found in the net is that NOKIA mobile phones can run some applications that were designed to be run on the mbile phones, for example, NOKIA 6020 can run application written by NOKIA development tools like carbide-j and targetd for S40 platform.

Does any body have experince with that and can advise if it is possible to write application to run on the mobile phone and make it send and receive data?

I looked into this before, and I found that you cant use it for an automated solution, because the application on the "remote" cellphone cant be remotely controlled, it has to do with most cellphone companies building a "sandbox" inwhich all applications are run, and they cant access anything outside of the sandbox, its a security thing so mischevious applications cant take over someones cellphone remotely (think trojan)

JAVA doesn't allow you access ports, so you have to use modem to modem data transfer. As USB ports are used you will have to use a USB capable micro to interface.

Paul Obrien said:
JAVA doesn't allow you access ports, so you have to use modem to modem data transfer. As USB ports are used you will have to use a USB capable micro to interface.
is this true? cause im studying Java from scratch because I want my serial and parallel port interfaced programs work in linux as well as in windows.

Controlling mobile phone using microcontroller with AT

I have several PIC projects that sends AT (ETSI) commands to GSM modems to send, receive and process SMS for remote monitoring and controls. My favorite uC is the PIC12F675 8-pin microcontroller with ADC and have internal oscillator that keeps parts count low and hardware simple. One application I am using now is to monitor the wind velocity and direction, and solar radiation at home. The Nokia 6210 phone with GSM modem at home reads and interprets my incoming SMS messages, checks the weather data and sends it back via SMS to my mobile phone wherever I am. This gives me a more accurate weather update than the weather news. It also records the wind velocity distribution and direction using the internal eeprom that can also be sent via SMS using a data-dump SMS command. I hope this is of interest to you.

Interface Mobile phone to PIC

I have several PIC projects that sends AT (ETSI) commands to GSM modems to send, receive and process SMS for remote monitoring and controls. My favorite uC is the PIC12F675 8-pin microcontroller with ADC and have internal oscillator that keeps parts count low and hardware simple. One application I am using now is to monitor the wind velocity and direction, and solar radiation at home. The Nokia 6210 phone with GSM modem at home reads and interprets my incoming SMS messages, checks the weather data and sends it back via SMS to my mobile phone wherever I am. This gives me a more accurate weather update than the weather news. It also records the wind velocity distribution and direction using the internal eeprom that can also be sent via SMS using a data-dump SMS command. I hope this is of interest to you.

Can you give me detailed description about your work and How did you do it?

Interface phone to PIC

I want to know what features should have in the phone in order to interface to the PIC.I am going to use PIC18F452 pic. Is it suitable?

Olease tell me how should I begin this work.

I am going to use PIC18F452 pic. Is it suitable?

Amila, If you are going to use AT commands, you wont need 18Fs. I guess you are thinking about a USB connection or something. According to my knowledge, to use AT commands a simple UART would be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back