Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

controlling devices via remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamir1

guyz i want to control 8 devices via remote control using avr controller range is about 25 meters which ir module can be used for 8 channel transmission ??

can i use a tsop1738 for 8 channels ??? how can it detect the different button pressed from the transmitter as it has only 38khz opearting frequency

Did you read Nigel's post?

However, 25m is well in excess of normal IR remote ranges.

You are well exceeding normal IR range. You may want to be thinking RF TX and RX. You may want to be thinking along the lines of Xbee.

Ron

if the provided range can be upto 15 mtrs it is also acceptable but the problem is i want to control 8 devices how can i do that with single tsop?

Last edited:
The same way a TV remote control can handle several functions. You modulate (encode) the IR diode at a specific speed then demodulate on the receiving end. Look at the data sheet for the TSOP 17 family. Note how the pulses are used on the carrier frequency. We modulate the carrier then on the receiving end demodulate the carrier with our data. The data is what it is all about. You are on your own as to IR range.

Ron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back