Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling Cheetah 21.5T Sensored BLDC Motor with PIC18F2431

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantafford

I have **broken link removed** BLDC(without the ESC) and I want to control it with a PIC18F2431 using my own code.
I made an inverter bridge out of 2 L293D drivers and simulated the application(worked well in simulation). Like this:
seyc5s.png

Here are the motor specifications(I have the 21.5T):
k1yixk.jpg

I suppose 12V would be fine for running this motor at close to top RPM.

However I have a question regarding the sensors:

For my code I'm using the binary information from 3 hall sensors. The BLDC motor has a jack labeled "Sensors" but on that jack there are 6 pins instead of 3. I'm guessing the motor has only 3 sensors and not 6. Or maybe it has 3 but each sensor outputs 2 signals. I could not find that information anywhere. I searched for a datasheet of the motor but to no avail. All I find is some documentation on it's ESC but that's it.

So my question is: has anyone ever tried controlling such a motor(6 pins from sensors output) with a microcontroller. And if so how are the pins usually arranged?

And is there any way to find out which pins represent the output of the sensors without using an oscilloscope?

The motor I have has 5 pins, power, ground and 3 outputs. I can't think of a combination that would use 6. If you work it out or find the information elsewhere, please update here to feed my curiosity.

Mike.

If the wires are just for the three sensors, it would suggest separate grounds / power to the sensors..
So would it be possible that the 6 pins are the 3 sensors output and the other 3 are the pins VCC(+) while the sensors ground would be internally tied to the motor's?

The motor I have has 5 pins, power, ground and 3 outputs. I can't think of a combination that would use 6. If you work it out or find the information elsewhere, please update here to feed my curiosity.

Mike.
I will open the BLDC today and see if I can find what each pin is and will let you know what I find.

Mike.
Pins are:
1- GND
2,3,4 - OUTS
6- VDD
5- No ideea

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back