Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling a house via the phone line

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianboy62

Hi,
I'm starting a new project to remote a house via the phone line. I use ISD25120 to connect with operator. My question is that how can I playback the sound over the phone line?

Thanks alot,
Hamid

Hi,
The ISD25120 is a voice record/playback device... Why do you want to use that for "remote control?" Why not use a microcontroller to send commands serially, for example. Or a DTMF chip?

Hello hyedenny,
I'm going to design a microcontroller based system. You can conect to a microcontroller via the phone and the system speaks.

Hi
So youre not really looking for a home automation device? Do you want it to trigger every time the phone rings? Who/what is going to be there to hear the playback of the device? Tell us more about what you want to do...

persianboy62 said:
Hello hyedenny,
I'm going to design a microcontroller based system. You can conect to a microcontroller via the phone and the system speaks.
ur problem is not clear to me :?
is it with connecting to the telephone line ?
if yes , it's simple.
Code:
-------C------
xge            audio i/p
lines          
-------C------

C= 0.047u/400v 

The telephone lines can have high voltage spikes , so make sure the above ckt is connected only after off-hook(use relays).

I think you can be presented with this diagram

Attachments

• project_diagram.gif
    project_diagram.gif
    7 KB · Views: 379
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back