Controlling a house via the phone line

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianboy62

Hi,
I'm starting a new project to remote a house via the phone line. I use ISD25120 to connect with operator. My question is that how can I playback the sound over the phone line?

Thanks alot,
Hamid

Hi,
The ISD25120 is a voice record/playback device... Why do you want to use that for "remote control?" Why not use a microcontroller to send commands serially, for example. Or a DTMF chip?

Hello hyedenny,
I'm going to design a microcontroller based system. You can conect to a microcontroller via the phone and the system speaks.

Hi
So youre not really looking for a home automation device? Do you want it to trigger every time the phone rings? Who/what is going to be there to hear the playback of the device? Tell us more about what you want to do...

persianboy62 said:
Hello hyedenny,
I'm going to design a microcontroller based system. You can conect to a microcontroller via the phone and the system speaks.
ur problem is not clear to me :?
is it with connecting to the telephone line ?
if yes , it's simple.
Code:
-------C------
xge            audio i/p
lines          
-------C------

C= 0.047u/400v 

The telephone lines can have high voltage spikes , so make sure the above ckt is connected only after off-hook(use relays).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…