Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

controling dc current from 2803 output

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

am using a 2803 output connected to a SSR (Christmas light controller.
ssr is an moc2023 optocoupler/triac circuit.
Well now I want to switch dc current instead of ac
thinking about using a uln2064 connected to the 2803 output(switched grounds instead of Vcc)
controlling 5v at 200ma (high powered LEDs 150,000mc)
need advice on circuit to use??

Since I can't post a new thread until I've replied 25 times, I guess I'll have to piggyback on this thread.

First off, I don't have a real grounding in electronics design. I can put a circuit together from a schematic but when things go wrong it doesn't take much for me to get stuck.

So, having said that...

I *thought* I could use the 5v output of an Arduino to switch a 1W luxeon on by using a 2803A. The Arduino can only handle 40ma on output so driving a 350ma LED from that isn't a good idea.

To test the idea I connected a 2803 pin 9 to ground, pin 10 to +5v and pin 1 to +5v to test the trigger. What I get on pin 18 isn't 5v. I get 0.5v. Disconnect pin 1 and the output drops to 0.

What basic element am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back