Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Control unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleyk

hello everybody, pls i have a little problem on this kind of control unit, two buttons to operate a dynamo to and fro but i don't know how to go about the connections one button for front and the other for back from the same battery source pls can someone help me with the diagram.

thanks a lot.

sleyk,

I assume by "dynamo" you mean "motor".

With no more info, the simplest circuit I can think of using two pushbuttons, a battery, and a motor is attached. It requires two DPST (double pole-single throw, normally open) pushbuttons. The "big problem with this circuit" is if you push both buttons at once, you put a dead short across the battery. :(

But, it does meet you stated requirements! ;)

Ken

Attachments

• MotorPBReverser.gif
    MotorPBReverser.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 175
KMoffett thanks for your reply, but pls the circuit is confusing having four keys so pls i will like you to relate it to buttons plssss

sleyk,

The "big problem with this circuit" is if you push both buttons at once, you put a dead short across the battery. :(

;)

Ken

You can prevent the short by electrically locking the contacts (for example use relays with NO and NC contacts)
ed

KMoffett thanks for your reply, but pls the circuit is confusing having four keys so pls i will like you to relate it to buttons plssss

There are only two buttons FWD and REV. Each button has two pairs of contacts. 4 contacts, like two separate switches in one package that are activated together. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switch See DPST explanation.

Are you thinking of doing it with two pushbottons with only two contacts each (SPST)? I don't think it can be done.

You can prevent the short by electrically locking the contacts (for example use relays with NO and NC contacts)
Yes, but sleyk said two pushbuttons, one battery and one motor (dynamo). But, I think with two, 3PDT pushbuttons it could be done.

Ken

Last edited:
Like this.

But, it might be easier to do with relays, as the 3PDT push buttons might not be that easy to find.

Ken

Attachments

• Motor F-W 2 PB 01.gif
    Motor F-W 2 PB 01.gif
    9 KB · Views: 138
I would use a center-off, spring-return, double-pole, double-throw toggle switch.

Such switches are usually are marked ON-OFF-ON and have six terminals.

That would have been my first choice too. ;)

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back