Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Constant output audio amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrybot

Okay,

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone but me-- I'm looking to build an audio amplifier for my television. Our cable channels have varying volume levels, it seems. I want a box that will compensate for the lower volume level on certain channels. Also, it would be ideal to have the volume dampen a bit when commercials come on. Any ideas? Or are these just pipe dreams?

Thanks,

Mike

My Toshiba TV has an audio compressor that sounds horrible. I turned it off.

Look in Google for Audio Compressor Circuit. Most use a Jfet to change the gain so the average volume is always the same.

Thanks for your help. I think I will kick this idea around a bit. Just muting works fine for the commercials, but that's only half the problem. We have a DVR and it seems like when we watch recorded TV (and skip the commercials, woo!), if we turn it back to live TV and it's on a channel that is louder than whatever we recorded from, we wake up the kids, as well as the neighbor's kids. Blech

What I have wanted to solve the problem of varying volumes on different cable channels is... a circuit that would remember volume levels for each channel and automatically use it when you switch to that channel. Perhaps the circuit could remember *two* volumes for each channel: one for the program and one for the commercials. Then you could use a single button to switch between these. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back