Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Constant Current Source, with Dimming Abilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra1

i came across this circuit while looking for a constant current source with the ability to dim the leds connected to it.

**broken link removed**

This one looks like it suits my needs perfectly. 48v @ 400ma output at 100% duty
plus it has the ability to dim the leds.

Problem is it requires a -48v supply, is there any way to do the same thing with a +48v supply.

need to keep the circuit with good efficiency, I am told that for the leds im going to use string of 24 x (2v @ 400ma), a simple current limiting resistor is no good.

Last edited:
I am using a ZXLD1366 in a similar project. It will drive up to 60v 1A and can do PWM dimming by adding an NPN transistor to the ADJ pin (described in the datasheet). You should check it out, it may be easier to use/cheaper than the MAX chip you link.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back