Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connector Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

Another Eagle related query ... I'm not able to find the right package for this:
I'm not able to decide whether I should add it as 7 pin Molex connector or just a female header package. I referred to Nigel's PIC tutorials.. he's used 10 pin Molex connectors which look similar to my 7 pin ... so I think it's a Molex .. but i just want to be sure..

Attachments

• photo0004.jpg
    photo0004.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 364
On the layout these look like these ... which one should i use ... (Mine are similar to what Nigel's PIC Tuutorial board uses) .. Please help me out ! :?

Attachments

• pcb1_660.jpg
    pcb1_660.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 380
I'm sorry, but I can't make out your first picture at all

the second HUGE picture you posted, all the connectors are the same pitch, 0.100 grid spacing, except for that one labeled 2pol-pcb, which looks to be 0.156 grid spacing

other than the 0.156 part, the pads are identical on the rest, and that's really all that counts right?

there are a pair of libraries in eagle, con-lsta and con-lstb ... these nice libraries have single and dual row 0.100 grid spaced holes for connectors 3 pins up to 20 pins

you will find your 1x7 part in the con-lstb library

sorry for the poor quality pic.. i'll try once again..
However, I checked out the RS components site ... What I'm really looking for is a Friction Locking Signal Connector .. and I found that it was the Molex device 22-27-2021-02 with the Package No: 6410-02 (02 for the no of wires).. 2.54mm KK Header ... just for my info.. what does KK mean ?
These types of connectors are there in the Molex Packaage in the eagle lib. Say, there is a difference between the Femaile Headers and these Molex ones right ? I think those are not Friction Locking .. right ??

KK is just a series name for a HUGE number of connectors from Molex - check their website to see just how many (100s if not thousands of options)

best source I've found for connectors is Futurlec, and they ship internationally, cheap.

https://www.futurlec.com/Connectors.shtml

polarized connectors is what you want - they are compatible with Molex KK "friction lock" connectors

there are physical differences between all these parts, but as far as the pad layout on the board, there is nothing special ... 2.54mm = 100 mils = 0.100" grid ...

If you're trying to get a drawing for a silkscreen or to make sure it'll fit on a board, the easiest way is to take some calipers, measure your part, and then draw a box in your silkscreen layer that matches those dimensions. or you can open up the eagle library, and draw a new layout to match your part.

Thanks.. thats a good site .. few and only those important connectors... less clutter !

Will try the 'drawing out the box' method for my silkscreen layer.

Cheers !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back