Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connection of Siemens c167 microcontroller to peripherals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roslan

Hi there. I am a final year student and i am supposed to design a circuit whereby the system is to transmit a 1mhz frequency into the ground in order to measure whether oil is available. The system uses a Siemens c167 microcontroller, a DDS chip (AD 9834) and a multiplier (AD835).The DDS chip is supposed to give out a frequency of 0.998Mhz which will be mixed with the 1Mhz and the difference of 2khz is obtained from the multiplier. the multiplier is then connected to the microcontroller. the problem i am having is to figure out how to connect the microcontroller to the DDS chip which in turn is connected to the multiplier. The multiplier must then be connected to the microcontroller to get the output results. This connection has to be done by serial interfacing. It would be of great help if anyone can help to figure out which pins of the microcontroller should i use to connect to the chips and if any extra components are needed. thanks. Need help urgently as time is running short. Cheers

What are you doing with the 2 kHz? What do you mean "the multiplier is then connected to the microcontroller"? Why is the microcontroller connected to the DDS chip? What results are you looking for?

Sorry but there is a slight mistake in my post. The DDS chip(ad 9834) is supposed to be connected to a multiplier(AD835) which will then generate the 2Khz frequency for baseband which will then be connected to a A/D converter(Ad7575). The converter is then connected to the microcontroller (Siemens C167) so that amplitude and phase ratio is measured. The microcontroller is then connected the DDS chip so that we can inject any carrier frequency and the dds chip can systhesise an apporiate frequency to develop the baseband frequency of 2khz. I really need help in figuring out which pins are to be connected to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back