Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connecting whip antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroV

I bought a Ramsey Electronics FM transmitter kit.
**broken link removed**

The whip antenna is attached to the circuit board with a screw. The antenna that I have has a joint so it can be bent at an angle. but because of the length of the joint and size of the enclosure, you cannot actually bend the joint. I know nothing of antennas. Can I mount antenna to the enclosure and connect to the circuit board via a simple wire? Are there any considerations?

So what if the antenna doesn't bend... for a peanut transmitter such as that one, it's more important for reliability to stick with the mfgr's intentions of attaching it directly to the PC board. Otherwise you'd have to anchor it to something isolated from the circuit board and run a connecting wire between the two, further complicating things.

If the case is plastic, then the whip can be mounted on the case using the provided screw. Put a solder lug under the screw, and run a short wire (<2") from the solder lug to where the antenna was supposed to mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back