Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting Alarm feature to basic TTL digital clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkisanet

I made a basic TTl digital clock referring the circuit that I attached
And I want to add a alarm feature to this.
I tried to find a circuit explaining how to design it.
But all the things that I found is made with not basic TTL. any help?

Attachments

• TTl1.png.png
    TTl1.png.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 579
It won't be trivial to use TTL to add an alarm. Things you will have to decide on include how to:
1) set and store the alarm time,
2) display what you are setting,
3) detect when clock time = set alarm time,
4) sound the alarm for a given period,
5) cancel the alarm.

It could be easier than you think. A thimbwheel switch can set the alarm in BCD digits and use cascaded comparitors to determine when it's equal, now you will have at least a pulse when the comparitor is true.

The question is what to do with the pulse? Buzz forever? Buzz for 30 minutes? Snooze?

Now, I'm not sure what kind of clock this is, but the DIP switch seems to allow you to set individual digits. If it's a digital clock, there is no AM/PM indicator unless it uses 24 hr time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back