Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting a PIC to wireless network

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris414

I see there's some new wireless module by ZeroG that connects PIC microcontrollers to wireless networks - but they are much to expensive for my application. Is there a cheaper alternative?

I concur about the WIFI module price, it would have cost you double that not so long ago. There are Lantronix, SimpleLan and others that have bare bones modules in that same range. The MRF24J40MA Zigbee/MiWi module is a cheaper wireless alternative at $10 (i.e if you want to mess with the software to run it).

Thanks for the replies - it seems i must have been reading a pricelist from a while ago because the prices i saw were, as you say, double that. Good to know they've come down.

Hello Chris

The datasheet, example code, driver integrated into Microchip TCPIP stack, and other collateral is available from the ZeroG website. ZeroG registration is a simple name, company, email, questionaire. Individual docs are kept up to date at the ZeroG site.

Note, that most of the information is also available by downloading the Microchip TCPIP stack v5.00 from Microchip.

Regards
MW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back