Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting a PIC Micro to ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefer3

Hello everyone
Has anyone been able to connect a pic to an ethernet and be able to read and write to the ports?

I've got a few ideas for a home project that would be great for this.

Just asking.

Thanks

Since i heard about these i have been struck with just WOW!

XPort
these are embeded devices that havfe full 128bit AES encyrption. Oh and they are very good value for money (£44 GBP each!)

You just communicate serially, and they are very small too, just slightly bigger than a standard 100Base-TX socket.

nuff said, oh and wait for my new home automation project. :)

I don't like them because they claim theirs is the worlds smallest, its not by my deffinition of smallest (its a whole inch square ffs, then u have the magnetics!).

But for the price its a cool way of adding http support!

TheAnimus

What do you mean by magnetics? Are you talking about the filter?

the actual socket + housing + stuff = magnetics, welcome to the lazy engineer slang, which stops other people knowing what ur on about.

that started off as informative, sorry was ment to be somewhere, but nah, i am hung over board in a lab!

this looks nice

it's just 10Mb/s , but i don't see any reason why this should be a problem

**broken link removed**

if anyone has a better (cheaper and/or smaller) solution, plz tell me!

/slacky

From first glance reading it looks quite cool, but taking 16 pins is a negative, i think it depends what your project is doing!

I am been pushed to look at ARM 710 boards, allow they are big, the value for money with some seams to be fantastic, and as i cut my teeth on an Acorn 5000 series (most of u this is just going to go *whoosh* but Acorn Computers rocked, but they had some very stupid advertising policies and were just too expensive, if your intrested buy urself a copy of Virtual Acorn the A5000 emulator is cheap, and is made by a cool guy!)

ne way back to the topic, i am intrested to know what your design mine is home automation + music player. I was looking at this wireless demo board but it seams a bit expensive, i will try n dig up some URLs if i still can't sleep :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back