Connecting a PIC Micro to ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefer3

Hello everyone
Has anyone been able to connect a pic to an ethernet and be able to read and write to the ports?

I've got a few ideas for a home project that would be great for this.

Just asking.

Thanks

Since i heard about these i have been struck with just WOW!

XPort
these are embeded devices that havfe full 128bit AES encyrption. Oh and they are very good value for money (£44 GBP each!)

You just communicate serially, and they are very small too, just slightly bigger than a standard 100Base-TX socket.

nuff said, oh and wait for my new home automation project.

I don't like them because they claim theirs is the worlds smallest, its not by my deffinition of smallest (its a whole inch square ffs, then u have the magnetics!).

But for the price its a cool way of adding http support!

the actual socket + housing + stuff = magnetics, welcome to the lazy engineer slang, which stops other people knowing what ur on about.

that started off as informative, sorry was ment to be somewhere, but nah, i am hung over board in a lab!

this looks nice

it's just 10Mb/s , but i don't see any reason why this should be a problem

**broken link removed**

if anyone has a better (cheaper and/or smaller) solution, plz tell me!

/slacky

From first glance reading it looks quite cool, but taking 16 pins is a negative, i think it depends what your project is doing!

I am been pushed to look at ARM 710 boards, allow they are big, the value for money with some seams to be fantastic, and as i cut my teeth on an Acorn 5000 series (most of u this is just going to go *whoosh* but Acorn Computers rocked, but they had some very stupid advertising policies and were just too expensive, if your intrested buy urself a copy of Virtual Acorn the A5000 emulator is cheap, and is made by a cool guy!)

ne way back to the topic, i am intrested to know what your design mine is home automation + music player. I was looking at this wireless demo board but it seams a bit expensive, i will try n dig up some URLs if i still can't sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…