Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting a Button pad to PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GST_Nem

i would like to know how i could connect a tounch button number pad like the one here: (just the pad not the pcb seen there)

**broken link removed**

to a PICAXE chip using their flowchart software using only 4 inputs. how can i do this?

oh yeh i see it, one problem tho, i would like to know how to do it with the flowsheet software, i think i get whats going on tho. when the button is pressed it inputs a column and a row and works out which is the right button being pressed from that right? well that uses 7 inputs, i might be able to get 7 inputs if i get rid of the 3 i was already using but is there a way to use only four?

GST_Nem said:
oh yeh i see it, one problem tho, i would like to know how to do it with the flowsheet software, i think i get whats going on tho. when the button is pressed it inputs a column and a row and works out which is the right button being pressed from that right? well that uses 7 inputs, i might be able to get 7 inputs if i get rid of the 3 i was already using but is there a way to use only four?

Don't think you can?, these keypads are normally multiplexed and so you can't even wire them differently.

If you really can't afford the pins?, use a second PIC, scan the keypad with it and send the data via a single pin serial link.

well these chips have analoge input so i might able to do something with that, but for what its worth i recon i could use all the pins. check out this bit of flowchart i made, is this how it should work? pin 0-2 = columns 1-3, and pins 3-6 = rows 1-*. variables 10=* 11=#. b0 = button being pressed.

Attachments

• code_part_7.jpg
    code_part_7.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 313
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back